Ashley B. Ashcroft-BillingsDecember 29,2012Ashley B. Ashcroft-Billings
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ashley Brook Ashcroft-Billings, 27, of Charlotte, N.C., formerly of Rutland, VT, died Thursday, December 20, 2012, in Charlotte.
A graduate of South Rowan High School in China Grove, N.C., she also attended schools in Proctor, Rutland Town and Rutland City, VT, and Rowan-Cabarrus Community College in North Carolina.
Ashley is survived by her daughter, Skye Lee Gilley of China Grove, N.C. An infant daughter, Arianna, predeceased her.
Other survivors include her adoptive family in Vermont: mother, Mary C. Ashcroft, and siblings, Isiah Ashcroft-Billings, Gordon Ashcroft-Billings and Jamie Ashcroft-Billings, all of Rutland Town; Penny B. Probst, Timothy Billings, Mark Billings and Sarah B. Reynolds, and grandmothers Jean F. Ashcroft of Bellows Falls, VT, and Lillian T. Billings of Rutland. Ashley’s father, Harold E. Billings, died earlier this year.
She is also survived by her birth family in North Carolina, including mother Nancy Parent of Charlotte, and siblings Abijah Whitney and Zachary Wojenski.
Funeral arrangements are pending with Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord, N,C. A spring burial will be planned for Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland, Vermont.
Online condolences may be made at www.hartsellfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?