Distracted driver causes Route 103 crashDecember 29,2012ROCKINGHAM — A Sunderland, Mass., man adjusting his rear windshield wiper caused a two-car crash on Route 103 on Thursday, state police said.
Police said Niclas Jansson, 21, drove off the road and spun into the southbound lane where he hit Barbara Miles, 69, of Bristol. Both cars sustained severe damage and were towed from the scene.
Jansson was issued two tickets for failing to stay in his lane and driving on bald rear tires.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.