Police: Man punches through barracks window after being citedStaff Report | December 29,2012BRATTLEBORO — Police said a local man cited for driving while under the influence of alcohol almost walked away with the single charge until he put his fist through a window at the Brattleboro barracks of the Vermont State Police on Thursday.
Alexander P. Hrabovsky, 21, of Brattleboro, was arrested after police investigated a noise complaint made around 11:40 p.m. Wednesday on Brookline Road in Townshend, according to a press release from Trooper Max Trenosky, of the Vermont State Police.
Trenosky said that during the investigation for the noise complaint, troopers spoke with Hrabovsky, who was driving his 2002 Ford truck from the area where the noise complaint was reported.
Further investigation revealed that Hrabovsky’s blood alcohol content was over the 0.08 limit for drivers in Vermont, police said.
Hrabovsky was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Brattleboro barracks for processing. After being released, Hrabovsky He sustained lacerations to his right hand and was treated by Rescue Inc., police said.
Police then added a citation for unlawful mischief. Hrabovsky is scheduled to appear in Windham County criminal court Jan. 22.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.