Police: Man punches through barracks window after being citedStaff Report | December 29,2012BRATTLEBORO — Police said a local man cited for driving while under the influence of alcohol almost walked away with the single charge until he put his fist through a window at the Brattleboro barracks of the Vermont State Police on Thursday.
Alexander P. Hrabovsky, 21, of Brattleboro, was arrested after police investigated a noise complaint made around 11:40 p.m. Wednesday on Brookline Road in Townshend, according to a press release from Trooper Max Trenosky, of the Vermont State Police.
Trenosky said that during the investigation for the noise complaint, troopers spoke with Hrabovsky, who was driving his 2002 Ford truck from the area where the noise complaint was reported.
Further investigation revealed that Hrabovsky’s blood alcohol content was over the 0.08 limit for drivers in Vermont, police said.
Hrabovsky was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Brattleboro barracks for processing. After being released, Hrabovsky He sustained lacerations to his right hand and was treated by Rescue Inc., police said.
Police then added a citation for unlawful mischief. Hrabovsky is scheduled to appear in Windham County criminal court Jan. 22.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.