WATERBURY — Green Mountain Coffee Roasters elected Norman Wesley as chairman of its board of directors.
A.D. “David” Mackay was elected an independent director.
Michael Mardy, who had previously served as interim chairman, will continue in his role as audit committee chairman.
“I am honored to assume the chairmanship of such an innovative and dynamic company and would like to formally thank Mike Mardy for undertaking that responsibility on an interim basis.” Wesley said. “Our board also is pleased to welcome David Mackay, a highly accomplished executive, to the board.
Mackay, 57, served as the chief executive officer of Kellogg Company from December 2006 to January 2011 and as president from August 2003 to January 2011.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — Advertised as a path to an affordable retirement, federally insured reverse... Full StoryNEW YORK — U.S. Full StoryWASHINGTON — Efforts to come up with a new chemical regulation bill face an uphill battle in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.