WATERBURY — Green Mountain Coffee Roasters elected Norman Wesley as chairman of its board of directors.
A.D. “David” Mackay was elected an independent director.
Michael Mardy, who had previously served as interim chairman, will continue in his role as audit committee chairman.
“I am honored to assume the chairmanship of such an innovative and dynamic company and would like to formally thank Mike Mardy for undertaking that responsibility on an interim basis.” Wesley said. “Our board also is pleased to welcome David Mackay, a highly accomplished executive, to the board.
Mackay, 57, served as the chief executive officer of Kellogg Company from December 2006 to January 2011 and as president from August 2003 to January 2011.MORE IN National / World BusinessPricey specialty drugs are helping CVS Health thrive after kicking tobacco sales, with revenue... Full StoryBILLINGS, Mont. — U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.