WATERBURY — Green Mountain Coffee Roasters elected Norman Wesley as chairman of its board of directors.
A.D. “David” Mackay was elected an independent director.
Michael Mardy, who had previously served as interim chairman, will continue in his role as audit committee chairman.
“I am honored to assume the chairmanship of such an innovative and dynamic company and would like to formally thank Mike Mardy for undertaking that responsibility on an interim basis.” Wesley said. “Our board also is pleased to welcome David Mackay, a highly accomplished executive, to the board.
Mackay, 57, served as the chief executive officer of Kellogg Company from December 2006 to January 2011 and as president from August 2003 to January 2011.MORE IN National / World Business
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.