A little town in the Green Mountains recently opened its doors to Third Branch Wines, a wine shop on Main Street.
The proprietor is David Sambor, who also owns the Bethel Village Sandwich Shop; patrons can access Third Branch Wines through the sandwich shop on Main Street.
Sambor, who worked in the hospitality business until recently, has been a resident of Bethel for 10 years.
“I thought there was need for it [the wine shop] and I thought it would go over well. And so far, so good,” Sambor said.
Currently, Third Branch Wines carries around 400 bottles with price points from $7 to $26. Included in the national and international inventory is a selection of Vermont wines at around $15 a bottle. He also carries a $40 champagne and specialty beers from around the world.
At present, he has a staff of two part-time workers.
Third Branch Wines is located at 269 Main Street, Bethel, VT 05032. The telephone number is 802.234.9910.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.MORE IN Valley Business Briefs
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.