Beverly J. KupfererJanuary 01,2013Beverly J. Kupferer
WEST RUTLAND — Beverly J. Kupferer, 80, died Dec. 28, 2012, at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.
She was born in West Rutland, March 18, 1932, the daughter of Carl A. and Edna (Parker) Johnson.
She was a 1950 graduate of West Rutland High School.
Mrs. Kupferer was the bookkeeper at Carpenter’s Pharmacy for a number of years. In retirement, she was the West Rutland assistant town clerk and worked at West Rutland Free Library.
Survivors include her son, Gary Kupferer of Castleton, and her brother, Lester Johnson of Fair Haven.
At her request, there are no calling hours or service planned at this time.
Memorial contributions may be made to West Rutland Free Library, PO Box 66, West Rutland, VT 05777.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?