Ronald F. DoucetteJanuary 01,2013Ronald F. Doucette
NEW BERN, N.C. — Ronald F. Doucette, 78, died Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012.
A native of Montpelier, Vt., he was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran.
In Rutland, Vt., he was employed with AT&T and a member of BPOE Lodge 345, Rotary Club, Italian American Club and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
In New Bern, he was a member of St. Paul Catholic Church and BPOE Lodge 764, and was a Little League coach.
Survivors include his wife, Kathleen Mulligan Doucette, of New Bern; five children, Charlie Doucette, of Big Run, Pa., Cindy Bien, of Apple Valley, Calif., Lisa Johns, of Kannapolis, Dr. Valerie Brooke, of Pittsburgh, and Marybeth Doucette, of Dayton, Ohio; and five grandchildren.
The celebration of his life will be held at a later date in Vermont.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 930A Wellness Drive, Greenville, NC 27858, www.cancer.org.
Arrangements are under the direction of Pollock-Best Funerals & Cremations. For condolences, visit www.pollockbest.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?