Ronald F. DoucetteJanuary 01,2013Ronald F. Doucette
NEW BERN, N.C. — Ronald F. Doucette, 78, died Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012.
A native of Montpelier, Vt., he was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran.
In Rutland, Vt., he was employed with AT&T and a member of BPOE Lodge 345, Rotary Club, Italian American Club and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
In New Bern, he was a member of St. Paul Catholic Church and BPOE Lodge 764, and was a Little League coach.
Survivors include his wife, Kathleen Mulligan Doucette, of New Bern; five children, Charlie Doucette, of Big Run, Pa., Cindy Bien, of Apple Valley, Calif., Lisa Johns, of Kannapolis, Dr. Valerie Brooke, of Pittsburgh, and Marybeth Doucette, of Dayton, Ohio; and five grandchildren.
The celebration of his life will be held at a later date in Vermont.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 930A Wellness Drive, Greenville, NC 27858, www.cancer.org.
Arrangements are under the direction of Pollock-Best Funerals & Cremations. For condolences, visit www.pollockbest.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.