Fugitive charged for break-inJanuary 01,2013By Gordon Dritschilo
Vermont State Police said they arrested a New Hampshire fugitive after he broke into a Rutland woman’s home.
Donald Robichaud Jr., aka Donald Robichard Jr., was held for lack of $25,000 and is expected to be extradited to New Hampshire some time after his arraignment, scheduled for today, on unlawful trespass charges, according to police.
Police said they responded to a complaint around 4 p.m. Monday afternoon that Robichaud was forcing his way into an occupied Simon Avenue home, and were told en route that Robichaud had gotten in through a bathroom window.
Upon arrival, police said, they were told Robichaud has run out the front door. He was then found hiding behind a post in the house’s basement, police said.
Police said they then learned Robichaud had a warrant for his arrest in New Hampshire for a parole violation and indictments on burglary and several forgery charges.
Robichaud was held at the Marble Valley Correctional Center and is scheduled to appear today in Rutland criminal court.
firstname.lastname@example.orgMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.