Man accused of throwing rock through store windowJanuary 01,2013Police: Man broke window with rock
ARLINGTON — An Arlington man is facing misdemeanor charges after police said he threw a rock through the window of a Route 7A convenience store on Dec. 22.
Justin Holton, 21, of Arlington, was arrested in connection to the incident on Dec. 28, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Troopers said they were called to the Stewarts Shop in Arlington, on Route 7A, around 4 a.m.
The caller said there was a drunk man at the door of the store. As police were en route, they received another call. This time, the caller said the man had thrown a rock through the window.
On Dec. 22, troopers searched the area but were unable to locate the man who was later identified as Holton.
After his Dec. 28 arrest, Holton was ordered to appear in Bennington criminal court on Feb. 3.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.