Man accused of throwing rock through store windowJanuary 01,2013Police: Man broke window with rock
ARLINGTON — An Arlington man is facing misdemeanor charges after police said he threw a rock through the window of a Route 7A convenience store on Dec. 22.
Justin Holton, 21, of Arlington, was arrested in connection to the incident on Dec. 28, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Troopers said they were called to the Stewarts Shop in Arlington, on Route 7A, around 4 a.m.
The caller said there was a drunk man at the door of the store. As police were en route, they received another call. This time, the caller said the man had thrown a rock through the window.
On Dec. 22, troopers searched the area but were unable to locate the man who was later identified as Holton.
After his Dec. 28 arrest, Holton was ordered to appear in Bennington criminal court on Feb. 3.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.