Man accused of throwing rock through store windowJanuary 01,2013Police: Man broke window with rock
ARLINGTON — An Arlington man is facing misdemeanor charges after police said he threw a rock through the window of a Route 7A convenience store on Dec. 22.
Justin Holton, 21, of Arlington, was arrested in connection to the incident on Dec. 28, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Troopers said they were called to the Stewarts Shop in Arlington, on Route 7A, around 4 a.m.
The caller said there was a drunk man at the door of the store. As police were en route, they received another call. This time, the caller said the man had thrown a rock through the window.
On Dec. 22, troopers searched the area but were unable to locate the man who was later identified as Holton.
After his Dec. 28 arrest, Holton was ordered to appear in Bennington criminal court on Feb. 3.MORE IN This Just InSaturday's women's basketball game between College of St. Full StoryA business development study recommends replacing "shop locally" with "you can find it here." Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.