Woman reports shoulder pain after crashJanuary 02,2013SUNDERLAND — A local woman was injured in a car crash on Monday morning on North Road, according to the Vermont State Police.
Tina Gabert, 46, of Sunderland, was driving north on North Road, near Cobbs Road, in her 2002 Subaru Impreza around 8 a.m. on Monday when she lost control and drove off the road, according to Trooper Justin Walker of the Vermont State Police.
Gabert told troopers that as she crested a hill, she began to lose traction on the snow- and slush-covered road. She said she believed the car may also have hit black ice.
The Impreza crossed into the southbound lane, came back into the northbound lane, went off the shoulder and over a culvert, Walker said.
Gabert reported having shoulder pain and was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington as a precautionary measure.
While road conditions were a factor, troopers said Gabert also had the wrong tires on the vehicle. It had summer tires, which have poor traction in snowy conditions, Walker said.
The Vermont State Police remind drivers to make sure they have the proper tires for winter weather on their vehicles.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.