Ham radio classes offeredJanuary 02,2013Ham radio classes offered
The Green Mountain Wireless Society will offer ham radio classes in Rutland starting next week.
The classes run from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays from Jan. 7 through March 11 in the American Red Cross Building on Strongs Avenue.
The course covers basic electronics, entry-level radio theory, operating guidelines, safety, rules and regulations and each night includes live radio demonstrations. An FCC exam for all levels will be administered on the final day.
No knowledge of Morse code is required. All ages are welcome.
For more information, call 558-0389 or visit GMWS.net.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.