Faye E. NortonJanuary 04,2013
Faye E. NortonFaye E. Norton
CASTLETON — Faye E. Norton, 76, died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at her residence following a long illness.
She was born Oct. 30, 1936, in Waterbury, Conn., the daughter of Nathan and Evelyn (Higgins) Booth.
She had been a longtime resident of Hubbardton, prior to relocating to Castleton.
She was employed for more than 20 years by the General Electric Company prior to her retirement.
She enjoyed gardening and solar lights.
Survivors include four daughters, Elizabeth Feliciano, Fawn Galvin and Evelyn Desabrais, all of Castleton, and Bonnie Austin of Tomiston, Conn.; three sons, Bruce Norton of Oakville, Conn., and Brian Norton and Todd Norton, both of Benson; a sister, Ruth Vigent of Torrington, Conn.; two brothers, Nathan Booth of Bomoseen, and Edward Booth of Dunnellon, Fla.; 26 grandchildren and great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband Edward Norton in 1982; two sons, Gary Norton and Edward Norton; and a grandson, Brent Poulin.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, Jan. 5, at 9 a.m. at the First Congregational Church of Fair Haven.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Regional Ambulance Service, 275 Stratton Road, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are by the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.