Vt man gets 3 years in prison for firearms offenseThe Associated Press | January 04,2013BURLINGTON - A Vermont man has been sentenced to over three years in federal prison for unlawfully possessing a firearm after being convicted of a felony.
Craig Lindvall of Gilman had pleaded guilty to the crime.
Court records say Lindvall had been convicted of aggravated domestic assault in 2010. He was on probation in 2011 when he removed a rifle from a locked bedroom at his home, where he lives with his mother and stepfather.
The records say Lindvall used the gun to target shoot behind the home with two friends. The group then went to the Gilman water treatment plant and shot rounds into the plant's brick wall.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown