Vt man gets 3 years in prison for firearms offenseThe Associated Press | January 04,2013BURLINGTON - A Vermont man has been sentenced to over three years in federal prison for unlawfully possessing a firearm after being convicted of a felony.
Craig Lindvall of Gilman had pleaded guilty to the crime.
Court records say Lindvall had been convicted of aggravated domestic assault in 2010. He was on probation in 2011 when he removed a rifle from a locked bedroom at his home, where he lives with his mother and stepfather.
The records say Lindvall used the gun to target shoot behind the home with two friends. The group then went to the Gilman water treatment plant and shot rounds into the plant's brick wall.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation