Rose M. TobiasJanuary 05,2013Rose M. Tobias
BENNINGTON — Rose Marie Tobias, 87, formerly of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., died Thursday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 5, 1925, in Poughkeepsie, the daughter of Percey and Amelia (Becker) Brock.
She married Charles Tobias in Poughkeepsie on April 25, 1978.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robb Bower of San Diego, Calif., and Randolph Bower of New York; a daughter, Rose Mary McGuire of Northfield, N.H.; five step-children: C. Richard Tobias and James E. Tobias, both of St. Petersburg, Fla., Paul J. Tobias of Pavilion, N.Y., Jane T. Sleight of Arlington and Louisa, Va., and John P. Tobias of Pleasant Hill, Calif.; seven grandchildren; and a sister, Virginia Walsh of New Paltz, N.Y.
A memorial service will be held later in the spring.
Arrangements are under the direction of Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.