Rose M. TobiasJanuary 05,2013Rose M. Tobias
BENNINGTON — Rose Marie Tobias, 87, formerly of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., died Thursday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 5, 1925, in Poughkeepsie, the daughter of Percey and Amelia (Becker) Brock.
She married Charles Tobias in Poughkeepsie on April 25, 1978.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robb Bower of San Diego, Calif., and Randolph Bower of New York; a daughter, Rose Mary McGuire of Northfield, N.H.; five step-children: C. Richard Tobias and James E. Tobias, both of St. Petersburg, Fla., Paul J. Tobias of Pavilion, N.Y., Jane T. Sleight of Arlington and Louisa, Va., and John P. Tobias of Pleasant Hill, Calif.; seven grandchildren; and a sister, Virginia Walsh of New Paltz, N.Y.
A memorial service will be held later in the spring.
Arrangements are under the direction of Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.