Rose M. TobiasJanuary 05,2013Rose M. Tobias
BENNINGTON — Rose Marie Tobias, 87, formerly of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., died Thursday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 5, 1925, in Poughkeepsie, the daughter of Percey and Amelia (Becker) Brock.
She married Charles Tobias in Poughkeepsie on April 25, 1978.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robb Bower of San Diego, Calif., and Randolph Bower of New York; a daughter, Rose Mary McGuire of Northfield, N.H.; five step-children: C. Richard Tobias and James E. Tobias, both of St. Petersburg, Fla., Paul J. Tobias of Pavilion, N.Y., Jane T. Sleight of Arlington and Louisa, Va., and John P. Tobias of Pleasant Hill, Calif.; seven grandchildren; and a sister, Virginia Walsh of New Paltz, N.Y.
A memorial service will be held later in the spring.
Arrangements are under the direction of Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.