NH man charged with attempted assault at motelStaff Report | January 05,2013ROCKINGHAM — A 55-year-old New Hampshire man was arrested Friday in Claremont, N.H., on a Vermont warrant stemming from an incident at a Rockingham motel last month.
Vermont State Police said John Cotter of Charlestown, N.H., was arrested in connection with the Dec. 22 incident at the Rodeway Inn in Rockingham. Police said Cotter, armed with a large pipe, attempted to kick down the door of a motel room occupied by two people, ages 30 and 28, and their three young children, a 6-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 6-year-old.
Police said surveillance video showed a man, quickly identified as Cotter, armed with the pipe. Another man was with him and efforts are still under way to identify him.
Police said Cotter will face charges of attempted burglary of an occupied dwelling, unlawful mischief and numerous counts of simple assault.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.