Eva J. ColeJanuary 07,2013Eva J. Cole
BENNINGTON — Eva Jane Cole, 82, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home, following a long illness.
She was born in Bennington July 27, 1930, the daughter of William H. and Margaret (Stratton Rash) Morse.
She graduated in 1948 from Bennington High School.
After being a stay-at-home mom, Mrs. Cole worked at the Tempe (Ariz.) Public Library. Later in Bennington, she owned Morse Block Co., which she operated with her family for many years.
She was a communicant of St. Peter Episcopal Church and she enjoyed reading.
Survivors include three sons, Lawrence, Timothy, both of Bennington, and Greg of Chandler, Ariz.; a daughter, Tracy of Bennington; a sister, Alice Cone of Spartanburg, S.C.; and six grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Lawrence A. Cole, in 1979.
Funeral services will be private.
Memorial contributions may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, in care of Hanson Walbridge & Shea Funeral Home, 213 West Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
To send email condolences, visit www.sheafuneralhomes.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.