Jacques loses bid to limit testimonyJanuary 07,2013Staff Report
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Supreme Court said Monday it will not review a decision by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in the case against Michael Jacques, who is accused of sexually assaulting and killing his 12-year-old niece in 2008.
The appeals court had said a jury could hear about allegations that Jacques schemed to shift blame for the killing onto a fictitious sex ring. His lawyers asked the high court to reverse that decision.
If convicted, Jacques faces the death penalty for abducting and killing Brooke Bennett. His trial is tentatively set for September.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation