Driver Colleen Bloom looks over her vehicle that was struck at a railroad crossing by the Amtrak Vermonter on Tuesday in Middlesex. Vermont State Police say no one was injured in the collision.Vermont State Police say no one was injured in a collision between a car and the Amtrak Vermonter train in Middlesex.
The crash mid-morning Tuesday occurred just off U.S. Route 2.
Witnesses say a driver was trying to cross the tracks when her vehicle was hit by the train.
It was the second crash involving an Amtrak train in Vermont in two days.
On Sunday an Amtrak train hit a car that slid onto the tracks in Sharon. In that case, the driver of the car suffered minor injuries.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Business leaders, pols and others joined Tuesday at the State House to highlight... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation