Driver Colleen Bloom looks over her vehicle that was struck at a railroad crossing by the Amtrak Vermonter on Tuesday in Middlesex. Vermont State Police say no one was injured in the collision.Vermont State Police say no one was injured in a collision between a car and the Amtrak Vermonter train in Middlesex.
The crash mid-morning Tuesday occurred just off U.S. Route 2.
Witnesses say a driver was trying to cross the tracks when her vehicle was hit by the train.
It was the second crash involving an Amtrak train in Vermont in two days.
On Sunday an Amtrak train hit a car that slid onto the tracks in Sharon. In that case, the driver of the car suffered minor injuries.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.