Elizabeth R. LarabeeJanuary 08,2013
Elizabeth R. LarabeeElizabeth R. Larabee
SPRINGFIELD — Elizabeth R. “Betty” Larabee, 72, formerly of Springfield, died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013, at her home in Plymouth, surrounded by her family.
She was born Aug. 17, 1940, in Hillsborough, N.H., the daughter of Lloyd E. and Lucille M. (Benoit) Reasoner.
She attended Springfield schools, graduating from Springfield High School, Class of 1958. She also graduated from Putnam Memorial School of Nursing in Bennington.
On March 6, 1960, she married Ivan R. Larabee in Springfield.
She was employed at the Springfield Hospital and then Springfield Health and Rehab. Center for many years, and also for several physicians’ offices in Springfield. She also worked in real estate in the area.
She was an active member of the North Springfield Baptist Church, her Springfield High graduating class, and the North Springfield School Preservation group. She volunteered at the Adult Day Center in Springfield.
She enjoyed vacationing in York, Maine, gardening, yard sales, and collecting blue glass and blue birds.
Survivors include her husband Ivan of Plymouth; a daughter Lisa Wyman of Plymouth; a son John Larabee of South Hero; a sister Patricia Reasoner of Shelburne; three grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the North Springfield Baptist Church. The Rev. George Keeler, pastor, will officiate.
Burial will follow in the Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to the North Springfield Baptist Church, P.O. Box 23, North Springfield, VT 05150.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.