Woman injured in rollover crashJanuary 09,2013Woman injured in rollover crash
BENNINGTON — A local woman was injured in a one-vehicle rollover crash on Fairview Street near the Silk Road intersection around 11 a.m. on Tuesday, according to Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department.
Karen Halvorsen, 55, of Bennington, was driving west on Fairview Street toward North Bennington when she lost control of her 1998 Nissan Altima while attempting to negotiate a curve in the road, Dean said.
The car began to fishtail and its right front corner struck an earthen embankment, causing it to flip onto its roof in the westbound lane of Fairview Street.
When police arrived, Halvorsen was out of the car and members of the Bennington Rescue Squad were providing care. Halvorsen was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, where she was treated for minor injuries and released.
Police were also assisted by the Bennington Rural Fire Department.
The crash is still under investigation, Dean said.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.