Laptop computers donated to schoolsJanuary 09,2013SUNDERLAND — Google donated 36 laptop computers to the Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union recently, according to Superintendent Dan French.
The computers, called “Chromebooks” because they run using Google’s Chrome operating system, will expand the district’s initiative of having one computer for every student.
In a statement French thanked Google.
“Our partnership with Google over the last six years has had a tremendous impact on our educational delivery systems and has greatly enhanced our ability to personalize learning for students,” he said.
A press release said the laptops are good for schools because they are easy to maintain and manage.
The Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union includes Currier, Danby, Dorset, Manchester, Mettawee, Mount Tabor, Pawlet, Rupert and Sunderland and includes the newly-formed Mountain Towns Regional Education District.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.