Laptop computers donated to schoolsJanuary 09,2013SUNDERLAND — Google donated 36 laptop computers to the Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union recently, according to Superintendent Dan French.
The computers, called “Chromebooks” because they run using Google’s Chrome operating system, will expand the district’s initiative of having one computer for every student.
In a statement French thanked Google.
“Our partnership with Google over the last six years has had a tremendous impact on our educational delivery systems and has greatly enhanced our ability to personalize learning for students,” he said.
A press release said the laptops are good for schools because they are easy to maintain and manage.
The Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union includes Currier, Danby, Dorset, Manchester, Mettawee, Mount Tabor, Pawlet, Rupert and Sunderland and includes the newly-formed Mountain Towns Regional Education District.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.