Man accused of hosting underage drinking partyJanuary 10,2013Man denies hosting drinking party
BENNINGTON — A North Bennington man is facing a misdemeanor charge after police said there were eight people younger than 21 drinking at his home in November.
Matthew J. Wilkinson, 21, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court on Monday to a charge of enabling minors to drink alcohol. He was released without bail.
In an affidavit, Trooper Lewis Hatch, of the Vermont State Police, said police raided a party at a home on Lake Paran Road on Nov. 24 shortly after midnight.
After an investigation, police identified eight people who were younger than 21 but whose blood alcohol content indicated they had been drinking.
Hatch said Wilkinson, who lived at the home, told police he had hosted the party and was responsible for everyone there.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!