PACE Vermont Inc. set to close this springStaff report | January 11,2013A program that helps seniors in two Vermont regions maintain their independence will close this spring.
PACE Vermont Inc., which provides nursing, nutritional, home and transportation services to more than 100 seniors in Rutland and Colchester, announced Friday that it could no longer afford to operate in Vermont.
While the program has proved successful in other states during the last three decades, the program failed financially in Vermont where difficulties attracting new clients hurt the organization's attempts to offset expenses, according to a company statement.
The pending closing will require roughly 130 seniors to find other service providers such as visiting nursing organizations and will leave about 85 PACE Vermont employees without jobs.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation