SOUTH BURLINGTON ó The School Board in South Burlington plans to continue to fight a proposed methadone clinic for heroin and prescription drug addicts near two of the cityís schools.
The board decided Wednesday night to appeal the clinicís permit to the Vermont Environmental Court. The Burlington Free Press reported that the legal action could delay the clinic opening for a year or more.
The move comes after the cityís Development Review Board last week denied the districtís appeal of a permit the city issued in August.
The district has 30 days to appeal the Jan. 4 denial in state Environmental Court.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation