Norman S. KatzJanuary 17,2013Norman S. Katz
Norman Stanley “Stan” Katz, 69, of Rutland, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Feb. 23, 1943, in New Jersey, the son of Saul and Ida Katz.
He had a master’s degree in mathematics from Brandeis University and taught math, including aboard Navy ships.
Mr. Katz was a member of Unitarian Universalist Church in Rutland.
He enjoyed traveling and reading.
There are no calling hours.
The memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland.
Burial will be at a later date in Burlington.
Memorial contributions may be made to Unitarian Universalist Church of Rutland, 117 West St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!