Margaret McGuireJanuary 17,2013Margaret McGuire
Margaret McGuire, 92, of Rutland and formerly of Barre, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, at the Gables at East Mountain in Rutland.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 21, at Christ the King Church in Rutland with the Rev. James Dodson, parochial vicar, officiating.
Calling hours will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, at the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Franciscan Missions Bolivia, in care of Eileen and Peter Harding, 3 Knoll Lane, Rocky Hill, CT, 06067.
A full obituary will be published in a future edition of the Rutland Herald.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.