Police: Woman charged in knife assaultJanuary 18,2013MANCHESTER — A Virgil Road woman was charged with a felony count of domestic assault on Thursday after police said she had charged another woman with a knife during an argument Tuesday even though a 2-year-old child was between her and the other woman.
Annette Crooks, 38, of Manchester, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court Thursday to a felony charge of first-degree aggravated domestic assault and a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment.
In an affidavit, Cpl. James Blanchard of the Manchester Police Department said he had been called to a Virgil Road home on Tuesday around 5 p.m. Blanchard said he spoke with a woman who told him that Crooks had come after her with a knife during an argument.
The woman said her 2-year-old was between her and Crooks at the time. Blanchard said Crooks admitted to having the knife during the argument with the woman but denied the child was between them.Crooks said she was angry at the other woman because she made a comment to her about an abortion.
Crooks was released without bail Thursday.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.