West Rutland woman injured by hit-and-run driverStaff Report | January 21,2013PITTSFORD — A West Rutland woman was injured Saturday night by a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene without stopping and offering help.
Naomi Taylor, 29, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of her injuries, according to Vermont State Police. A spokeswoman at the hospital said she had no information on a patient with her name.
Taylor was walking southbound on Route 7, near Taylor Road, shortly after 8 p.m. when she was struck by a northbound vehicle, police said.
Police said they believe that the right side of the vehicle struck Taylor.
Pittsford and Brandon police, aided by state police, were at the scene.
Police officers investigating the accident couldn’t be reached for comment Sunday. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Vermont State Police Sgt. Chris Barber at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic,historic and epigrammatic data... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.