West Rutland woman injured by hit-and-run driverStaff Report | January 21,2013PITTSFORD — A West Rutland woman was injured Saturday night by a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene without stopping and offering help.
Naomi Taylor, 29, was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of her injuries, according to Vermont State Police. A spokeswoman at the hospital said she had no information on a patient with her name.
Taylor was walking southbound on Route 7, near Taylor Road, shortly after 8 p.m. when she was struck by a northbound vehicle, police said.
Police said they believe that the right side of the vehicle struck Taylor.
Pittsford and Brandon police, aided by state police, were at the scene.
Police officers investigating the accident couldn’t be reached for comment Sunday. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Vermont State Police Sgt. Chris Barber at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.