with welfare fraud
ALBURGH ó Vermont State Police said a local woman will appear in court next month on a felony count of welfare fraud.
Jennifer Jarvis, 32, of Alburgh was charged this month with fraudulently receiving benefits she wasnít entitled to from the stateís food stamp program.
Officials say Jarvis was making an income while she was receiving benefits, but failed to report her income to the state Economic Services Division.
Police say she has received about $3,500 in benefits since October.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation