Lila WestJanuary 22,2013
Lila WestLila West
WELLS — Lila West, 100, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 19, 1913, in Winhall, the daughter of Ernest and Cressie (Carruth) Capen.
Mrs. West worked and raised her family in the local Wells area.
Survivors include six daughters, Jean Carroll of Lodi, Calif., Elizabeth Bernhardt of Ashby, Mass., Winnie Stahlmann of Millville, N.J., Alice Brindise of Granville, N.Y., Marjorie Tarasovich and Janice Jones, both of Wells; two sons, William and Walter West, both of Wells; 21 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren, 10 great-great grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Harry West, in 1963; two children, Patricia in 1972 and Warren in 2010; three siblings, Alice Cody, George and Adelbert Capen; three stepbrothers, Lester, William and Clifford Cody.
The graveside service in North End Cemetery in Peru will be held at the convenience of her family.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; or Granville Rescue Squad, PO Box 153, Granville, NY 12832.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home in Poultney.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.