Shirley S. SearlJanuary 22,2013
Shirley S. SearlShirley S. Searl
LUDLOW ó Shirley S. Searl, 85, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, at Gill Odd Fellows Home in Ludlow.
She was the daughter of Floyd and Olive Warren of Grahamsville and attended Black River High School in Ludlow.
Mrs. Searl worked for a number of years in the cafeteria at the Okemo Mountain ski area and later, for 10 years at General Electricís Rutland branch.
She enjoyed dancing, plants and flowers, especially African violets.
Survivors include two children, Barry Searl of Franklin, N.H., and Sandra Griffin of Silver City, N.M.; three grandchildren; a sister, Esther Stomper of Rutland; two nieces, a nephew and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Stewart B. Searl, whom she married June 12, 1948; and a sister, Elizabeth Winot.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Gill Odd Fellows Home, 8 Gill Terrace, Ludlow, VT 05149.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.