Dortha BittingJanuary 22,2013Dortha Bitting Rites
FAIR HAVEN — The funeral service for Dortha “Dolly” Bitting, 95, who died Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, was held Monday, Jan. 21, at Fair Haven United Methodist Church.
The Rev. David Adams, the Rev. Marshall Hudson-Knapp and the Rev. Dwight MacPherson co-officiated.
Miriam St. George was the organist.
Bearers were Chuck Memoe, Bob Kilpeck, Philip Busier and Gary Stanley.
A reception followed at the family home.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Mallory Funeral Home in Fair Haven.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.