Driver crashes into Rutland Town home; flees sceneStaff Report | January 22,2013
Lenny Montuori, better known as “Big Lenny” to his Rutland region customers, was sitting in his office Tuesday night when his home exploded around him.
“I was hit by all kinds of shrapnel and everything went black,” Montuori said standing outside his partially wrecked home at 230 Cedar Lane in Rutland Town. “I turned on the flashlight on my phone and said ‘Oh my god, the whole front of the house is gone.’”
See story by Brent Curtis in Wednesday's Rutland Herald.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.