Man charged in brutal assaultJanuary 22,2013Man charged in brutal assault
HARTFORD — A Claremont, N.H. man will be arraigned today in criminal court in White River Junction for allegedly beating his girlfriend’s brother after an argument.
Wesley Vorhes, 47, was charged with aggravated assault on Sunday in the beating of Robert Schneider, 47, of White River Junction. The incident took place after a night of drinking on Jan. 13 at The Cave in Lebanon, N.H., according to police.
State Trooper Gary Salvatore said Schneider confronted Vorhes for being intimate with another woman at the bar. The two men argued and then left The Cave that evening, the trooper said.
Schneider and Vorhes pulled over on Interstate 89 and picked up where they left off and an altercation ensued where Vorhes knocked Schneider out unconscious, according to Salvatore.
Schneider injuries were a fractured nose, cheek bone, upper jaw and orbital eye socket fracture, Salvatore said. He also sustained severe nerve damage and will need reconstructive surgery, the trooper said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.