Man charged in brutal assaultJanuary 22,2013Man charged in brutal assault
HARTFORD — A Claremont, N.H. man will be arraigned today in criminal court in White River Junction for allegedly beating his girlfriend’s brother after an argument.
Wesley Vorhes, 47, was charged with aggravated assault on Sunday in the beating of Robert Schneider, 47, of White River Junction. The incident took place after a night of drinking on Jan. 13 at The Cave in Lebanon, N.H., according to police.
State Trooper Gary Salvatore said Schneider confronted Vorhes for being intimate with another woman at the bar. The two men argued and then left The Cave that evening, the trooper said.
Schneider and Vorhes pulled over on Interstate 89 and picked up where they left off and an altercation ensued where Vorhes knocked Schneider out unconscious, according to Salvatore.
Schneider injuries were a fractured nose, cheek bone, upper jaw and orbital eye socket fracture, Salvatore said. He also sustained severe nerve damage and will need reconstructive surgery, the trooper said.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.