Man charged in brutal assaultJanuary 22,2013Man charged in brutal assault
HARTFORD — A Claremont, N.H. man will be arraigned today in criminal court in White River Junction for allegedly beating his girlfriend’s brother after an argument.
Wesley Vorhes, 47, was charged with aggravated assault on Sunday in the beating of Robert Schneider, 47, of White River Junction. The incident took place after a night of drinking on Jan. 13 at The Cave in Lebanon, N.H., according to police.
State Trooper Gary Salvatore said Schneider confronted Vorhes for being intimate with another woman at the bar. The two men argued and then left The Cave that evening, the trooper said.
Schneider and Vorhes pulled over on Interstate 89 and picked up where they left off and an altercation ensued where Vorhes knocked Schneider out unconscious, according to Salvatore.
Schneider injuries were a fractured nose, cheek bone, upper jaw and orbital eye socket fracture, Salvatore said. He also sustained severe nerve damage and will need reconstructive surgery, the trooper said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.