Police: Roadblock leads to chargeJanuary 22,2013CHITTENDEN — A 73-year-old man is expected to be arraigned today after he allegedly set up a roadblock on Ice Pond Road.
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint from Christopher M. Clark, 30, and Courtney Clark, 27, both of Chittenden. Police spoke with Glenn H. Delpha, of Chittenden, who allegedly used his pickup — which included a snowplow — to prevent the Clarks from reaching their Ice Pond Road home, according to police.
Investigation revealed Delpha had allegedly engaged in similar behavior Dec. 24, when he used his pickup to prevent the Clarks from leaving their residence. Delpha also allegedly used a shovel to break the windshield and a mirror on the Clarks’ vehicle, police said.
Delpha was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for mental-health screening and evaluation. He is expected to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.