Police: Roadblock leads to chargeJanuary 22,2013CHITTENDEN — A 73-year-old man is expected to be arraigned today after he allegedly set up a roadblock on Ice Pond Road.
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint from Christopher M. Clark, 30, and Courtney Clark, 27, both of Chittenden. Police spoke with Glenn H. Delpha, of Chittenden, who allegedly used his pickup — which included a snowplow — to prevent the Clarks from reaching their Ice Pond Road home, according to police.
Investigation revealed Delpha had allegedly engaged in similar behavior Dec. 24, when he used his pickup to prevent the Clarks from leaving their residence. Delpha also allegedly used a shovel to break the windshield and a mirror on the Clarks’ vehicle, police said.
Delpha was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for mental-health screening and evaluation. He is expected to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.