Police: Roadblock leads to chargeJanuary 22,2013CHITTENDEN — A 73-year-old man is expected to be arraigned today after he allegedly set up a roadblock on Ice Pond Road.
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint from Christopher M. Clark, 30, and Courtney Clark, 27, both of Chittenden. Police spoke with Glenn H. Delpha, of Chittenden, who allegedly used his pickup — which included a snowplow — to prevent the Clarks from reaching their Ice Pond Road home, according to police.
Investigation revealed Delpha had allegedly engaged in similar behavior Dec. 24, when he used his pickup to prevent the Clarks from leaving their residence. Delpha also allegedly used a shovel to break the windshield and a mirror on the Clarks’ vehicle, police said.
Delpha was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center for mental-health screening and evaluation. He is expected to be arraigned today in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.